Saturday, January 22, 2011

Weaving at last

I spent a good portion of the day working on the draft for the warp on the loom, figuring out the liftplan (the treadling).  And now the scarf is underway at last.
It is pretty subtle.  The ground is a combination of silver gray and pale olive green with squares of green and gray woven occasionally into the cloth.  The wool is very, very fine wool and ought to finish beautifully creating smooth, fine worsted cloth.

My favorite coat is olive green which will bring out the olive green squares.  On the reverse side of the olive squares are silver ones and vice versa.  It's pretty cool!

It is turning out just the way I pictured it in my mind and that is lovely. 

I stil have paperwork to do for the conference in Taos but every time I spent hours on it I found out that what I had done needed to be different so that I had to start over.  I think I needed to weave just to remind myself of why I do this.

Now I remember!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The scarf is lovely, and one of my favorite colors.

I'm bummed that your Taos workshop is in September, as that's the month we aren't allowed to take any vacation. Unless some of it is going to be over a weekend?

I'm watching the Met Live in HD production of Don Pasquale, which reminded me to drop by your blog.