Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Looks can be deceiving

Take a look at this:
And at this:
Looks a lot like spring, doesn't it?  And it felt like spring today, too.  But--and it's a big one--tomorrow the high temperature will be 25 degrees colder and it is supposed to begin snowing heavily for the first of two or three days.  The moral of this story?  It's still February.

I have beamed, threaded and must sley and tie on the new warp so I can start weaving.  If the force is with me I ought to be able to post photos of work in progress tomorrow (Wednesday). 

Thursday will be spent mostly at the University hospital.  Almost two years ago I volunteered to be part of a research study so tomorrow blood will be drawn and a punch biopsy taken and some neurological tests run.  I am hoping all of this leads to something helpful because having little pieces taken away at intervals is getting old.  The bright spot is a complimentary ticket I was given to see Ballet West's new production of "The Sleeping Beauty" tomorrow night.  There was a time when I had season tickets to the ballet but when the choice was dropping those or the opera or symphony, the ballet went.  That isn't to say that I don't like ballet--I do!--but I love the symphony and opera even more.

1 comment:

Laura Fry said...

Not much fun being poked and prodded but hopefully it will be helpful.
cheers,
Laura