Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Getting closer....

Only four more days until I get the new knee.....  I am feeling the lack of anti-inflammatory medication, in my case ibuprofen, so it is clear that it was doing some good.

I am re-organizing my house to accommodate crutches and or a walker when I get back from re-hab.  While doing so I realized that some of the things I have haven't been used in a while and really are just in the way.  So I have been taking things to Our Place, a second-hand shop run for the benefit of the People With Aids Coalition.  It's hard to think of any group of people who need and deserve help more than they do.  There are some nice things going there.  Another big load goes there tomorrow.  A woman who works there is coming by in her boy friend's pick up to take the drafting table which doesn't fit into a Prius!

I am still going to my exercise group although everything is more painful, still I want to be as strong as possible going into the knee replacement.

I am looking forward to a Utah Symphony Concert on Friday evening.  I am going to a potluck on Saturday so I traded for the earlier performance.  I am planning to transfer some music to my iPod so I can listen during the surgery.  Unless I am given a convincing reason not to, I am opting for a spinal block so that I don't have to wait a couple of days for my brain to return.  That should be interesting...

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I am sending all my best wishes and healing thoughts to you.

Sandra Rude said...

Best wishes for a very quick recovery, and a pain-free new knee.

Sharon said...

Thank you both for your good wishes. I accept all good wishes. Today (Thursday) I am excited and terrified at the same time. Probably normal...