Thursday, March 24, 2011

Good news/other news

The first day back from California we got snow showers all day long.  But yesterday!! Oh, yesterday was gorgeous!  It was warm for here for now (mid 50s) and sunny all day long.  That was all it took to do this:
I took this picture today before the snow storm moves in.  It's nearly two and the sky looks ominous.  We have had wind of the kind that usually comes before snow, so snow it is.

I don't mind that it snows here: snow means we will be able to irrigate gardens during the summer and I am all in favor of that.

Weaving?  I have only about an inch to go on the second and final piece on this warp.  I had a couple of threads break so I need to straighten that out so I can weave the last little bit and that requires more time than I have this moment.

The colors I had gathered that I showed here a few days back were originally intended to be colors of grapes ripening along with the colors of the leaves.  The combination hasn't "gelled" for me so I may change my mind about them and either add something and change my goal or go on to something else while these colors mill around for a bit longer and I figure out what will happen.  (Laura's suggestion of orange, while good, doesn't fit in the vinyard idea.)

So onward.  Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all also applies to a day of springtime.  Springtime in the Rockies is a sometimes thing!

No comments: