Thursday, March 10, 2011

A little progress

The piece is starting to come together.  I have woven, taken it out, woven again, taken out again, and now at last I am making progress.  I am having to concentrate a lot to see what I need to see so each inch is hard-won.

But I like what I am seeing:
I have woven seven inches.  I refuse to calculate based on the hours I have worked how long it will take to be ready for the show.  That's too scary.

Instead I am looking at the leaf colors (some have been on the ground for a while) that I am putting together and thinking back to last fall.

Meanwhile we had a very spring-like day today.  The temperature got to 61 or 62 (F) which was the warmest since the start of last November.  The honeybees are out, drawn to the winter aconites.  I think that there have been more bees already for how early it is.  The great loss of honeybees may be abating.  I certainly hope so!  We need them a whole lot more than they need us.

Tonight the wind is blowing and a front is coming in.  It may rain a little here but in the desert rain is always welcome.

2 comments:

Laura Fry said...

Lovely. :)
cheers,
Laura

DebbieB said...

That's exquisite.