Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Whew!

I have been scrambling.  I turned in the tax information last week and got a call last night from someone at the CPA's office asking for clarification about four things.  So, out came the files with all the receipts and statements for the year.  After a little less than three hours all was clear and ready to phone in this morning.

I used time I had hoped to devote to refining my samples and examples for the workshop that begins in the morning.  I have taken care of all of that today and put everything in the order I will show it so everything is ready.  This workshop is in a suburb of Salt Lake City so I can sleep in my own sweet, little bed tonight and the other nights.  A definite plus.  And, because I am driving there I can carry more than I can when I teach in another location.

I discovered to my complete dismay this afternoon that via Bill Pay on-line I had somehow over-paid my home owner's insurance to the tune of $600.  That is a significant sum for me and means I can't pay some other things until it is straightened out.  Argh!!  I think I have put things in motion but need to call very early tomorrow morning before I leave for class to let the insurance company know that I have put a stop payment on the check issued by my bank.  Of course, I am paying for the privilege.

But, having dealt with all of that, I was able to devote an hour to weaving on the current piece on the loom:
The colors are actually far more intense than what I see here with flashes of very bright colors now and then. 

I like what is happening and can't wait to continue work on this piece, but I must wait until the workshop ends.  Perhaps I can return to it some time on Sunday.

In the meantime, I will be teaching a full workshop on color for the next three days.  It will be a workout for the participants and for me--and a lot of fun, too.
Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Ugh! I hate when that happens! I love the piece you're working on; the color play is gorgeous.

Bonnie said...

It is beautiful. I can't wait to see it finished.